Our mission is simple: to serve as the voice for Georgia's Restaurants in Advocacy, Education and Awareness. The GRA is sanctioned by the National Restaurant Association to operate Georgia's only not-for-profit representing the state's foodservice industry. From large chains to start-ups, the GRA helps make restaurants better for Georgia and Georgia a better place for restaurants to do business.
The real dollar value of GRA membership far exceeds the cost of dues, even if you only consider the cost of the political representation we provide. Add the many tangible benefits listed below, and you'll find membership is one of the best investments you can make.
Building and sustaining positive public opinion and a favorable political environment.
We’ve got you covered on the national, state and local level – here’s how:
• We lobby key decision makers so they understand the effects of legislation on your business
• We host federal and state issue calls to keep you up to date and answer your questions
• We notify you of critical policy developments though our Action Alerts
• We monitor thousands of legislative and regulatory initiatives
• We organize and manage grassroots issue advocacy campaigns and the GRA-PAC (political action committee) to promote pro-business candidates and legislation
Providing opportunities to connect and learn from each other, increase profitability and develop employees.
• ServSafe® teaches safe food and alcohol handling practices for managers and employees
Receive up to a 30% discount on ServSafe® and National Restaurant Association Solutions products
• Exclusive workshops, webinars and resources feature impactful topics and information
• Advice from legal, research, regulatory, policy and food safety experts, including the new online Legal Problem Solver
• For Restaurant Members: free entrance to the NRA Show – the industry’s premier forum for products, services and information
Helping to keep you informed on issues and resources, while sharing positive messaging about our industry.
• Our website and weekly E-news give you the latest information at your fingertips
• Members receive significant discounts with best-in-class industry programs, like credit card processing, payroll, e-mail marketing, management planning, nutrition analysis and more
• Opportunities to give back through our community partners
The GRA and NRA are focused on areas that determine your business’ short- and long-term success:.
• Profitability and Entrepreneurship: Restaurants operate on tight margins – approximately 3% before taxes on average, which is much lower than many other industries.
• Jobs and Careers: The restaurant industry faces a long-term, structural employment problem.
• Food and Healthy Living: The Association needs to be involved from “farm to fork” to help drive industry and regulatory change to meet the growing demands of safety and nutrition.
• Sustainability and Social Responsibility: The restaurant industry needs to meet the opportunities of sustainability and philanthropy head-on.