About The Georgia Restaurant Association
We’re working for you. Join us.
We exist for you. We help make Georgia a better place for restaurants to do business, and we help make restaurants better for Georgia. The more members we have, the better we serve you.
Your membership makes us stronger - a more unified voice for advocacy, a brighter resource for education and a more effective generator of awareness. An investment in dual memberships through the Georgia Restaurant Association (GRA) and the National Restaurant Association (NRA) is an investment in your industry - and in your business.
Building and sustaining positive public opinion and a favorable political environment.
We’ve got you covered on the national, state and local level – here’s how:
- We lobby key decision makers so they understand the effects of legislation on your business
- We host federal and state issue calls to keep you up to date and answer your questions
- We notify you of critical policy developments through our Advocacy Bulletins during legislative session and Actions Alerts
- We monitor thousands of legislative and regulatory initiatives
- We organize and manage grassroots issue advocacy campaigns and the GRA-PAC (Political Action Committee) to promote pro-business candidates and legislation
Providing opportunities to connect and learn from each other, increase profitability and develop employees.
- ServSafe® teaches safe food-handling practices for managers and employees
- Receive a 20% discount on ServSafe® and National Restaurant Association Solutions products
- Exclusive workshops, webinars and online resources feature impactful topics and information
- Advice from legal, research, regulatory, policy and food safety experts, including the new online Legal Problem Solver
- Free entrance to the NRA Show – the industry’s premier forum for products, services and information
Helping to keep you informed on issues and resources, while sharing positive messaging about our industry.
- Our website www.GArestaurants.org and weekly E-news give you the latest information at your fingertips
- Members receive significant discounts with best-in-class industry programs, like credit card processing, payroll, e-mail marketing, nutrition analysis and more
- Opportunities to give back through our community partners
The GRA and NRA are focused on areas that determine your business’ short- and long-term success:.
- Profitability and Entrepreneurship: Restaurants operate on tight margins – approximately 3% before taxes on average, which is much lower than many other industries.
- Jobs and Careers: The restaurant industry faces a long-term, structural employment problem.
- Food and Healthy Living: The Association needs to be involved from “farm to fork” to help drive industry and regulatory change to meet the growing demands of safety and nutrition.
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility: The restaurant industry needs to meet the opportunities of sustainability and philanthropy head-on.